We've sat down with Pascale Mathys and her daughter Naomi for a candid interview.
Interviewer: How did you start?
Pascale: I've started as a baker 30 years ago together with my husband. He got into the bakery business through his parents and I joined the family tradition.
Interviewer: Ok Naomi, since we're celebrating mothers, let's answer 5 questions about your mom.
- What is her favorite food? She loves Italian food, especially truffle pasta
- What's her favorite way to relax? In a lounge chair, by 25C° or more (laughs)
- What's her favorite travel destination? She's always had a little crush for the South of France, we've spent a lot of time over there with the family
- When does your mom look her best? (Thinks) She always looks great, that's why my favorite place to shop is .... her closet
- Why do you love your mom? It might sound cliché but she's really the best mom in the world!!!
Interviewer: So, will you be following in your mother's footsteps as a baker?
Naomi: I love helping my mom during the weekends in the bakery. It's always exciting and I like being in touch with the people. We'll see what the future holds.
Interviewer: What's the best part of having a baker as a mom?
Naomi: Oven-fresh bread and pastries every morning :)
Interviewer: What pastry would you recommend us?
Naomi: I'm a real fan of the Breton applecake. Add some vanilla ice cream to make it perfect.
Pascale Mathys is the owner of Bakkerij Pascalina in Asse (Belgium).